- Supervisory solution for managing tube clearing during boiler startups.
- Autodetection of Tube Clear Events (TCE)
- Data historian and analytics to assist in identifying which tubes to inspect
The SuperHeater Overheat Protection (SHOP) system is a proprietary technology that helps mitigate the risk of superheater tube failure due to short-term overheat during boiler start-ups. SHOP assists operators in the management of boiler start-ups by enabling the detection of superheater tube clear events (TCE’s).
Thin-lipped bursts in superheater tubes occur when steam flow is insufficient, when deposits restrict flow, or when tubes are blocked by water due to a rapid firing rate during boiler start-up.
* US Patent 14/202,242
Cost of Failure
- Superheater tube failure has a significant negative impact on unit safety as there is a risk of these failures creating a critical exposure due to secondary failure of screen and water wall tubes.
- Superheater tube failure during startup can cost in excess of $500k in lost production.
CDS - Clinker Detection System
The Clinker Detection (CDS) System is an ITM proprietary technology for measuring both the size and frequency of deposits that impact a utility boiler floor or bed. MORE
Xplore is a desktop application that is used to configure and deploy ITM developed controller configurations to cRIO controllers. MORE
Boiler Thermocouple Monitoring System
Thermocouple monitoring system consists of a controller capable of measuring 128 thermocouple channels and a panel with thermocouple terminal blocks contained in a stainless steel enclosure. MORE
HALT - Hopper Ash Level Temperature System
The Hopper Ash Level Thermocouples (HALT) System is a preventative maintenance tool that continually monitor the levels of ash within any given instrumented hopper. MORE